Tuesday 29 November 2011

Memory Foam Pillow....Could It Be The Answer?

I am somewhat of a poor sleeper, actually although I say that, I can sleep for England when I want to. On trains, comfy sofa's etc....But when it comes to my own bed I often struggle to get comfy and my neck often aches a little on waking. I have tried hard pillows, soft pillows, 1, 2, and sometimes even 3 pillows ( wouldn't recommend the 3 by the way) but just never seem to feel I have found the perfect pillow. Sleep is so important,  so what we sleep on must be just as important. When Bedstar sent me a couple of their memory foam pillows I was very eager to try them out....


Well the models on the packaging certainly look comfy enough. On opening you do get this in my opinion quite strong plastic-y smell, I don't know if this is the packaging or normal for memory foam but after a quick spray of my lavender pillow mist it did seem to get better. The first thing I wanted to do was pretty them up and so popped one of my rosali pillowcases on....that's better.


So, a couple or so night's sleep later what did I think? To be honest I did find the memory foam a little on the hard side for my liking and although I slept well, was aware of it being harder that my normal pillow. I may get used to it of course and I did find it perfect for propping up and having a good read. Quite possibly it is the best pillow I have used for sitting up comfortably in bed. So, all in all quite a nice pillow and as memory foam is quite new to me it has been interesting trying it out and it has certainly got me looking at other memory foam options that are out there. So I shall keep with it and soon maybe all those little aches on waking may be a thing of the past. Or, perhaps I shall wake up to the realisation that those little aches are just me getting dare I say it....getting old ;)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

X

16 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm thinking of getting one of the memory foam toppers, never thought of getting pillows like this before....I sleep very badly these days....maybe it's to do with my worn out old mattress!

    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary i have a 7 .cm fantasico !! memory topper and a memory pillow it was money well spent the pillow will get better mine did .... i have a crumbling spine and fibromyalgia and these make sleep time so much better ... persevere ! xx Kieren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my memory foam pillows - ours are the funny shape ones but tuck into your neck "hollow" so weird for a week or so but now i have to take it with me if i stay elsewhere! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have raised an important issue..Thanks for sharing..I would like to read more current affairs from this blog..keep posting..
    serta vs tempurpedic

    ReplyDelete
  5. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
    sleep ressearch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say that, I can sleep for England when I want to. On trains, comfy sofa's etc....But when it comes to my own bed I often struggle to get comfy and my neck often aches a little on waking. queen memory foam mattress topper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
    plant based mattress

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    how to fix a soft mattress

    ReplyDelete
  9. There comes a time in every person's (or couple's) life when they have to break down and get a new mattress. This is especially true for people who have trouble sleeping because of a mattress that sags, peaks, or allows springs to poke through.Joseph Slattery

    ReplyDelete
  10. No-one can tell you what mattress will give you the perfect night's sleeping although several are designed by using materials or building techniques created to reduce common sleep issues but you can comprehend the variations in the types of materials and design that can help make picking a new king mattress simpler. 
    Joseph Slattery

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most people buy memory foam toppers as opposed to full memory foam mattresses because they are a lot less expensive. However, just because the price is lower doesn't mean they are for everybody. Learn the important differences so you can make a smart choice as to whether or not a full mattress, topper, or neither is right for you.
    quocmaivan

    ReplyDelete
  12. After laying on every mattress in the store, I decided to go with the memory foam mattress. It felt like sleeping on air. best memory foam mattress topper reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. A less dense memory foam may feel too soft like it cannot support into a person's body weight for long without bottoming out. Mattresses on the other hand that make use of super dense memory foam of 5 lbs or higher density may feel to firm and hard.zinus memory foam 12 inch

    ReplyDelete
  14. This blog has a positive and eager result.
    pillowandmattress

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot!
    European Mattress

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soft and supportive offering effective pressure relief, holds its shape well, quiet best pillow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X